- Last Chance for Christmas Orders: Order by the latest on Tuesday, 15 December. Click here for more details
Sea Buckthorn Oil (Hippophae rhamnoides Fruit Oil)
Sea Buckthorn oil is a particularly valuable ingredient when it comes to PURE SKIN FOOD facial oils.
The deep orange coloured oil obtained from Sea Buckthorn berries contain a number of substances that contribute to the regeneration process and protection of the skin. Theses entail:
- a particularly high level of vitamin E (tocopherol): This antioxidant stabilises biological membranes and protects the skin from the harmful effects of reactive oxygen species, especially those found in sunlight.
- beta-carotene (provitamin A) is a precursor of vitamin A and responsible for the beautiful red shade of Sea Buckthorn oil. It has anti-inflammatory effects on eczema or acne, protects the epithelium and plays a role in the regenerating process of the skin.
- The fatty acid profile exhibits particularly high levels of palmitic acid and palmitoleic:
- Palmitic acid supports the function of the skin barrier.
- The polyunsaturated palmitoleic acid, an omega-7 fatty acid, prevents the formation of wrinkles and aging of the skin.
The benefits of Sea Buckthorn oil for our skin are so diverse, it:
- has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties,
- has nourishing, regenerating and firming effects on dry and mature skin types,
- promotes the healing of wounds regarding tissue damage (therefore also recommended for chapped skin),
- provides strong protection against environmental influences.
Found in the following PURE SKIN FOOD products: