Grape Seed Oil (Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil) in Cosmetics
Grape seed oil contains a unique combination of ingredients that are extraordinary in their effectiveness. It revitalises and protects mature skin types whilst being abundant in antioxidants. Likewise, this special component is suitable for use on impure and problem skin. All the more reason, why we have included this gem in our PURE SKIN FOOD Beauty Oil for Impure & Combination Skin.
Grapeseed oil is characterized by the following ingredients:
- Procyanidins are flavonoids that have a very positive effect on skin health. The very powerful antioxidants have the ability to bind to elastin and collagen, and even act as cross-linking agents. Procyanidins strengthen the blood vessels and tighten the skin and tissue.
- Resveratrol, another antioxidant component of grape seed oil, has the ability to activate sirtuins. These enzymes regulate the aging processes and can extend the life of cells. In addition to this anti-aging effect, resveratrol counteracts the formation of inflammation and oedema.
- The high proportion of the skin barrier component linoleic acid alleviates skin problems such as atopic eczema, dandruff or acne.
Grape seed oil has a lot to offer your skin - it:
- tightens the skin and connective tissue,
- strengthens blood vessels and tissues,
- decelerates skin aging,
- has anti-inflammatory and healing properties,
- protects the skin from UV radiation,
- soothes atopic eczema, dandruff and acne.
Grape seed oil is easy to distribute on the surface of the skin and quickly penetrates the layers - a good prerequisite for including it in the recipe of our PURE SKIN FOOD White Chocolate Body Mousse Magnolia. Its strengthening effect alongside the associated tightening of the skin and connective tissue make it an indispensable part of this rich body care routine.
We only use grape seed oil in cold-pressed organic quality to capture the maximum nutrient content.
Contained in the following PURE SKIN FOOD products: