Gua Sha Facial Massage: Benefits & Instructions
A facial massage is relaxing and healthy. The popular Gua Sha massage offers several benefits for the lymphatic system and skin: Read on for details and instructions!
A soothing facial massage with our beauty oils can be easily integrated into your daily skincare routine. With just a few stroking movements, smooth your skin and do something incredibly good for yourself!
Gua Sha - What is it?
The Gua Sha massage originates in traditional Chinese medicine. Translated, “Gua” means something like “stroke” and “Sha” roughly means “redness”. This terminology suggests that there is a health aspect to this massage. As a beneficial self-care treatment, Gua Sha is intended primarily to stimulate lymph flow and detoxify the body, but can also have a direct positive effect on the skin. Skin is tightened and small wrinkles are smoothed
In TCM, each stone traditionally has a distinct effect:
This green stone is believed to have an anti-inflammatory effect, cleansing and decongesting the skin. Jade rollers and stones are therefore often recommended for treating blemished and combination skin.
These pink “energy stones” have a positive effect on the body and mind, and are believed to relieve tension and stress. They are supposed to soothe irritated skin and reduce redness.
Fortunately, even if you don't believe in this somewhat esoteric interpretation, anyone can enjoy this treatment: Because they are pure and natural stones, they cannot harm the skin.
This is how a Gua Sha facial massage works
- Stimulates blood circulation and makes your skin glow!
- Regular facial massages train muscles, tighten skin, smooth out wrinkles and thus also have an anti-ageing effect.
- Even if it has not been scientifically proven, some swear by the detox effects of natural stones.
- Stimulate the lymph flow and reduce bags under the eyes with a cooled Gua Sha stone.
- After massage with a body or face oil, our skin better absorbs nourishing ingredients.
- For headaches, a facial massage with targeted movements can also help relieve tension.
- If you are stressed, a facial massage will also do you good. Even if no study has yet proved this, time devoted to your well-being is always well invested!
And that's how it works!
You will need:
- A high-quality, plant-based face oil tailored to your skin type
- A Gua Sha stone - choose rose quartz or jade depending on the desired effect
- Clean your face as usual. Then clean the Gua Sha stone! Our Cleansing & Detox Oil , for example, is perfect for this
- Apply Beauty Oil, spreading it across your face. To ensure that the stone glides smoothly across the skin, use a little more than usual.
- Start the massage: Take the stone in your hand at an angle of about 45 degrees - ie quite flat - and remember to always stroke it from the inside out over your face, in order to stimulate your lymph flow.
- To relax your jaw, stroke the stone from your chin to your ears.
- Now stroke it from the tip of your nose over the bridge and up to the hairline. Move the stone from the nose over each cheek to your temples. Reduce the pressure wherever the skin is a little thinner, eg around the eyes.
- Move the stone to the middle of your forehead and stroke it outwards towards the hairline. If you have a headache, you can also rub the stone over your scalp from your forehead backwards.
- Massage your neck from the bottom up to reduce wrinkles.
- Enjoy the moment and relax!
Our face oils are all suitable for a healthy and soothing facial massage and are compatible with both rollers and Gua Sha stone.
Release tension and leave everyday life behind you. A few quiet minutes in which you are doing something good for yourself can be healing and recharge energy reserves!
Free delivery in United Kingdom
Delivery in 5 business days.
We deliver worldwide to
more than 40 countries