The causes for impure skin vary and are often diverse. The use of the right cosmetics alone doesn't make much of a difference other than fighting the symptoms and help the skin regulate externally. The root of the problem often lies deeper. Therefore, a holistic approach is needed to get rid of skin impurities.
What causes skin impurities?
During puberty, our hormones run rampant and cause pimples, or even acne, to form. When the hormones levels are unbalanced, the sebaceous glands produce more oil. The oil clogs the pores which leads to the formation of blackheads. When blackheads are inflamed it causes unsightly pimples.
Sometimes, impurities do not simply vanish after puberty. Many women break out during their menstrual cycles. The number 1 cause for impurities after puberty is hormone fluctuations. This can be a result of many factors, such as:
- genetic predispositions and age
- environmental influences
- consumption of medication or even discontinuing the contraception
- poor or improper use of skincare products
- poor diet and gastrointestinal problems (these are often linked to one another)
1. Genetic predisposition is a factor that we do not have any influence over. The best course of action is eliminating any possible causes via trial and error in the hopes that the skin will improve or that it will minimise impurities. It is possible that the skin starts to suddenly act up during our 30s causing more impurities. Read here on how to deal with it.
2. Environmental influences, such as the air, water or even our diet and cosmetics can have an impact on our bodies which our skin then attempts to excrete. Some factors can be influenced while others we cannot influence. How to avoid hidden toxins can be found here. Wearing fabric face masks may also cause pimples to develop. Following a thorough daily cleansing routine is essential in this case. Use our Cleansing & Detox Oil in the morning and in the evening to remove any dirt while chamomile soothes the skin and calendula extract nourishes it.
3. Smoking is harmful to the health of the skin, but it is a factor that we have control over. Eliminate this health risk and save on money whilst minimising pimples and premature skin aging.
4. If you consume medication on a regular basis and you think that it might be affecting your skin, we suggest consulting your doctor. Alternatively, only consume the medication when absolutely necessary. When discontinuing contraception, like the pill, hormone imbalances are bound to occur. You simply need to get through this phase. Perhaps following a detox treatment and using the proper cosmetics, such as the Skincare Set for Impure & Combination Skin can help accelerate the process.
5. Impurities and aggressive skincare formulas are sworn enemies. They do more harm to your skin than good. The use of unsuitable skincare products or aggressive formulas damage the natural lipid layer of the skin. Thus, bacteria are able to attack the skin with ease which can lead to pimple formation. We recommend the use of face oils because they support the restoration process of the lipid layer. Even oily and combination skin can benefit from using face oils, especial our Beauty Oil for Impure Skin & Combination Skin, which is specially developed to care for these skin types. The use of face oils sends a signal to the skin to produce less oil and regulates it.
6. Diet is also a factor, but it is a factor that we have control over. Try taking a break from dairy products, sugar and as many foods containing white flour for 2 - 3 weeks. In many cases, the skin improves tremendously. However, one can do so much more to improve the condition of the skin via nutrition. This is a very important subject which we will address in a future blog post.