It is vital to cleanse the hands several times a day to get rid of any germs and/or bacteria that may be adhering to the skin. A disinfectant spray is a convenient solution when on-the-go and can be easily whipped up using antibacterial and antiviral essential oils. You can even store the practical concoction in one of the empty PURE SKIN FOOD bottles.
Generally speaking, we are not fans of using alcohol on the skin and forego the use thereof in our product formulas. However, in these trying times, alcohol is the most natural and often more affordable option in comparison to many ready-made disinfecting agents. Essential oils are potent plant essences that have a very intensive effect. Some have antiviral and antibacterial properties therefore they are ideal for use as protectants against certain diseases.
Make your own disinfectant spray:
- Spray bottle - e.g. an empty Toning Moisturiser Bottle
- 45 ml of alcohol at least 70%
- 1 Tablespoon of jojoba or almond oil
- 7 Drops of eucalyptus oil (Eucalyptus globulus) or alternatively tea tree oil
- 1 Drop of cinnamon bark oil (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum)
- 2 Drops of rosemary oil (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- 2 Drops of carrot seed oil (Daucus carota), orange oil (Citrus Aurantium Dulcis) or lemon oil (Citrus Limon)
The essential oils can be obtained from our local pharmacy or online at Ecco Verde.
- Pour all the components into the empty spray bottle, close the bottle tightly and shake well.
- Always shake the bottle to blend the contents well before use.
- Spray on both hands and distribute well.